Friday, August 6, 2010

Wish I Could Get Upset

Another section is on the way, I promise. I had to look up tracheal intubation, and it meant throwing away a third of what I wrote yesterday. But onward!

The major point of this post, though, is that I wish an agent would send me a really nasty rejection letter. So far they've all been impersonally polite, or even positive and encouraging, and I simply can't hate these agents. Every one I've dealt with, without exception, has been courteous, some even going out of their way to give a response.

In other words, I don't have anything to get angry about. If they sent me really rude letters, well! Then I'd have an excuse. As it is, I've got nothin'.

So while I WANT to fume and rage and shout to the world that the literary world is CRAZY...I can't. So far, just a bunch of nice people.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I can get upset! I make the time to catch up on my reading after moving from OH to NC, taking care of a toddler who's having trouble adjusting, arranging the apartment, getting food in the cupboards, and preparing for a class I start teaching in two weeks, and this is the latest post you have for me?!

    Good luck with Fat Tony. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete