Sunday, September 27, 2009

What The Dog actually looks like.

I realize I just posted earlier today, but don't get used to this kind of speed.  I have a life, you know.  I'll post here once a week at least, but don't get your hopes up for more.

Anyway, I figured we should get this out of the way.  People keep bugging me, wanting to know what The Dog looks like.  Instead of telling you myself, I figured I should avoid offending him by having The Dog tell you.  So I asked him.

"What do you look like, Dog?" I asked.  "People want to know."

"People, who?" he asked.

"So far my blog has four followers.  I think at least two of them want to know."

"No."

"No what?"

"I'm not doing it."

"Why not?"

"You'll take whatever I say and mess it up.  You'll probably compare me to Lassie, which is annoying, because for all my not being real, at least I'm more real than Lassie."

"You're confusing me," I said.

"Lassie was the first successful computer-generated animal actor.  Most people don't realize that the same technology used to produce Lassie was used for Flipper and to fake the Moon landing.  And Bill Cosby."

"Who?" I asked.

"So I'm not getting involved, because I don't want to be compared to Lassie, or Bolt, or Zuckerman's famous pig."

"Dog, you are way defensive about this.  You're a good looking guy, so I wouldn't worry about it."

"I," said The Dog, "am not merely 'good looking.'  I am one-of-a-kind."

So there you have it.  The Dog is 'one-of-a-kind,' and I'm not touching it beyond that.  I have to live with the guy.  I hope this has cleared up a few things.

--Pete

5 comments:

  1. Okay, Drew. You want to play hardball--let's play hardball. I'm just going to imagine The Dog as a papillon ... a FIXED papillon, at that! I want answers, dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dog wanted me to say two things:

    1. Andrew is a very pleasant conversationalist, and Pete could do worse than to grow up like him. (I'm shooting for slightly less of a bulge around the middle, though.)

    and 2. As far as being 'fixed' goes, if you can find a doctor willing to do it, Michelle, The Dog would be happy to see him try.

    --Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Michelle's comment and The Dog's response:
    roflecopter

    ReplyDelete