Monday, May 3, 2010

The Fact Is

I'm sick.

I have a cold in my head that is grabbing me by the feet, smacking me against one wall, dropping me, forgetting about me as I lie on the floor for an hour, then walking over to kick me in the shins out of spite. Yes, it's that kind of cold.

I don't consider that as an excuse for not writing, though. I'm trying. I'm up to 715 words, and I'm about to sit down and do more, but I don't know how long I'll survive. So, I'm sad to say, you may have to make do with 2,500 words today.

My cold and I humbly apologize.

3 comments:

  1. Your cold does no such thing. (But I accept YOUR apology--even though it turned out to be unecessary.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking an internet hiatus of sorts. You know, about half an hour online a day so I can do the other busy things of life. So I am missing out on your newest and bulkiest (as in epic, not clumsy) novel. Dargh! As if I weren't tempted enough to give in and read this, Jonathan leaves your blog up. It's begging me to comment. Then he prints out your story and leaves pages here and there. For me to read. In between packing and cleaning and playing and making. :D That means that I probably WILL read the first in your series of three, and I will probably have very belated support and comments to send you. In the meantime, good luck and have fun! And kick that nasty cold. It deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with sunrabbit. I highly doubt your cold has any intention of apologizing. I've never met a repentant cold.

    ReplyDelete