Sunday, September 27, 2009

Introductions and My Biographer's First Book

Here's the deal: I'm new to this blog thing, but my biographer thinks the book we did together is pretty good, and he's been bugging me, so here it is.

An introduction. The Dog says I should do one. The Dog thinks he knows the interweb. The Dog would probably like to claim he invented the internet, or at least gave Al Gore the idea. The Dog also can't type on this keyboard, so I'd appreciate it if he'd back off and give those of us with hands (and those of us who are real) a little space.

Okay, an introduction. I'm Pete, The Dog is The Dog, Andrew C. is my biographer, and the rest is in the book. Which costs money. Learn to adjust. However, so you don't go too crazy, here's the cover.

That didn't work. Ready...HERE'S the cover. See, there it is. No, Dog, I didn't read the 'Terms of Service.' Nobody does.

You can get this thing at Lulu (right here), and it costs a little, but it's worth it just for the descriptions of Nancy. Just then my eyebrows did a little bob thing. You couldn't see it, but it was descriptive. Articulate. And all just with my eyebrows. Now The Dog is mocking me, but he doesn't get to type, so you'll miss out on his keen wit. I'm weeping for you, truly I am.

Most of the stuff on this blog will be from me. If he's nice to me, I'll tell you about Andrew's other projects, maybe put some stuff from his other stories here for you to read. If The Dog is nice to me, I'll type half of what he tells me to write, then completely warp the second half. (I'm telling you, this blogging is giving me a feeling of power beyond almost anything I've experienced. It's like I'm feeding those gremlin-chickens all over again.)

As soon as I figure out how, I'll throw you the first chapter of our book. Pete and The Dog. It's named after me. Which is cool. Yes, it's named after The Dog, too, but you notice, it's not The Dog and Pete. That would be lame. That would be tacky. That would be...under consideration for the title of the sequel?

This place needs some outside help.

--Pete

6 comments:

  1. That cover art is PARTICULARLY good. Wow. Totally amazing. Oh, yeah -- the book is amazing, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she wore a skirt on their first date... :P

    Love it anyways!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julz,

    You're correct. She wore a skirt. We have no excuse, except we couldn't find a photo that really matched the skirt.

    On the plus side, it's not one of those "the artist didn't read the book at all" covers with spaceships or one floaty ribbon on it.

    --Andrew and Pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, while waiting for section 15, I stalked your blog in its entirety, ending here, at the beginning.

    I told Becca I eat books like candy. Yesterday when I kept refreshing the page in case you posted sectioned 14 (which you did late that evening, thank you!), I checked out and read 2 books from the library. When I'm itching to finish a story, I have to read something!

    The first book was quite fun, called "Millicent's Gift," about a girl who has been homeschooled who now is going to regular high school and tries to decide if she'll "reject" the magical Power that she gets at age 14.

    The 2nd book I really wasn't big on, "Wringer." It was too similar to Spinelli's "The Crash," where the kids are mean enough that it's hard to read at the beginning to get to the end where the meanies actually learn life lessons about dignity and respect. I think Spinelli's best book is still "Maniac Magee."

    Now, I quite enjoy Sachar's books because they project diff. voices. I recently re-read Holes and still love it as much as I did the first time. And I didn't even realize he wrote "There's a Boy in the Girl's bathroom," which is ok, but it does have its own voice. And then the funkiness of the Sideways School series really makes me laugh, and I didn't catch on that they were Sachar at first, either.

    Anyway. I agree that nutmeg is a bully, especially fresh nutmeg. Move over and let me taste my cinnamon, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog and the story, Kimberly. I only feel bad that I can't write the thing any faster! Unfortunately, 2500-4500 words in a day is about my top output, and I actually have to keep reminding myself to take more time with the story. Especially now that I can see how Fat Tony ends, I have to remember to relax and enjoy the process.

    I'll have to look up "Millicent's Gift.

    ReplyDelete