Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Compliment and A Question

First, those of you reading the blog ON the blog, may have noticed the art around the edges.  And in the middle.  Basically, all the art.  That's from my third-cousin (or so) Liz.  (Wave, Liz!)  Yes, that's her right there.  She also sometimes signs in as "sunrabbit," if you were wondering who that was.

If you don't know what "sunrabbit" is referring to, there may be no help for you.  (Does the name "Hrairoo" help?  No?)

All that aside, the art for the cover of Pete and The Dog, and this blog, and my twitter page (http://twitter.com/peteandthedog) all comes from Liz.  Thanks, Liz!

Now for THE BIG QUESTION!

I'm writing a new book, and yes, it's venturing into new territory for me.  Breakdown of societal infrastructure, food riots, scary villains--no, really.  Scary villains.  Not scary like John Dee or Gary; genuinely frightening villains.  I hope.

So the question is, do you want me to keep posting it here as I write it?  Or do you want me to keep putting funny stuff here and save the scary for . . . someplace . . . else?

So all eight of you who actually read this, let me know!  Otherwise I'll have to decide for myself, and writers should never be required to make life decisions on their own.  It's not good for them, the environment, or the economies of foreign nations like Texas.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I thought Robinson was the villain of Fat Tony? Second of all, "Silflay hraka, u embleer pfeffa-rah!" Third of all, just post it here. You can lighten things up with occasional posts from Pete. No need to make a whole new blog! Unless you want me to design it. Ooooooh--that could be fun! NK! Love it. Let me know what you decide, champ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew! Your ellipseseseses! :D :D :D

    You are officially grammatically perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you when I put in the spaces, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Liz's design, even if she did just write something about rabbit poop at dinner time. One thing that might be nice is if the background scrolled with the posts so that it would be easier to keep track of your place while reading long posts. Also, nice job on the Pete and the Dog book cover.

    As for posting your books here, Andrew, does posting in a public place cause problems with publishing things later? If so, don't do it. If not, I'd love to keep reading them here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not making breaking my computer addiction easy, Andrew. Nope nope nope. Or, as Kidoodle says, "Nainainononononaino."

    *sigh* Honestly, I think Pete's blog should be light and fun. I'd make a separate blog, but be sure to make lots of easy links from one blog to the other. And, if possible, include buttons that your readers can steal and post on their own blogs. (Ew--a Buttons button? That's almost gross.)

    ReplyDelete