Friday, January 1, 2010

Haven't Died, I Promise

My laptop has died, just a little bit, but I haven't, so I'm sitting, preparing to finish up section 26 of Fat Tony on the desktop out in our living room.  In the middle of four children, a wife, and my mom and dad (who are visiting for the new year).  So distractions are at a minimum.

On the plus side, I've been listening to Rihanna's 'Disturbia' practically nonstop.  I don't know why, exactly, but it makes me happy at the moment.  Also, the solid wall of sound makes conversations around me unintelligible.

On the other plus side, I actually went back and read several sections of Fat Tony for the first time since I wrote them.  At first I was smiling.  Then I was laughing to myself.  Then I laughed out loud.  Douglas is awesome.  Also, Flap Jack makes some curious social commentary: "Sometimes I don’t pick up on all the clues that people give in social situations.  I think that’s why I have so many friends."

It almost seems like a book that someone else wrote, and I'm discovering it for the first time.  Also, sections I thought were rubbish-esque really aren't bad.  And, I know what's coming.  If I can make it as ridiculously over-the-top on paper as it is in my head, there are good things in our future.

It's time to get back to writing, and to FINISH FAT TONY!  So I'm declaring open season on me as a writer.  Pester me.  Text me.  Tweet me.  Facebook-ambush me.  No amount of encouragement to finish Fat Tony is too much.  If you don't see a new post from me on any given day, feel free to wail and scream and pout.  Let's get to the end of this story and discover what the next book will be.

1 comment: