Saturday, November 21, 2009

Intermission

"What do you think of the book so far?" I asked.

"Not bad," said The Dog. "It reminds me of War and Peace."

"How is that?"

"Because we're nearly one-hundred-fifty pages into the book and nothing has happened."

"What do you mean, Dog?"

"The hero is Fat Tony, right? What has he done so far? He made a bunny look like another bunny. How is that exciting?"

I held up my hands. "He did go on a date. Doesn't that count as exciting?"

The Dog rolled his eyes. "Okay, that was decent. But by this point in our book, we had stopped thirteen wizards, stolen a piano, also gone on a date, and kept Morgan from kicking you in the shins. I call that exciting."

"Dog, are you...jealous?"

"Of what?"

"Well, because Andrew's not writing the next book about us."

"Maybe," said The Dog, "but seriously! Our next book has a monkey! Are there any monkeys in Fat Tony?"

"There's a Jane Goodall reference. That's got to count for something."

"A monkey, Pete. A real, genuine monkey."

"Is this a moment where we agree to disagree?"

"Fine," said The Dog, "but you're wrong."

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. The Dog,

    Are blog comments not real enough that you can read them, or does Pete have to read them to you?

    I just wanted to say don't feel bad. Fat Tony is a fictional character, and his moment of glory will pass. You, on the other hand, get to experience not real life, whether anyone writes about it or not. I'd say that's a big thing up on Fat Tony.

    Jonathan (not Ammie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliffhanger--Especially since I live in CA. Want to know how the magical spells could endanger my state. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I'd fall out of my chair if I weren't attached to my desk with hoses (literally). Ahem. Thanks for updating your word count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed my word count joke. You really were ahead of me for a while...but I couldn't leave it alone. And I felt a compulsive need to be a brat about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad you apologized already. I was going to tell you your words don't count until I can verify them. I can see how many Ammie has, but you have to prove your number. I'm pretty good at being a brat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of us has been posting his words on the internet for anyone to read. One of us sees no need to hide the number of words he has written. One of us--and I'm not naming any names--has chosen to only post "excerpts" and "snippets," while failing to reveal the actual amount of words she's written.

    You sure you want to go that way, Jonathan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. He can go any way he wants to, now, because, take a little looksie, Andrew, but I am a nanowrimo winner!! Booya, Mr. Hater of Snippets.

    ReplyDelete