Friday, November 27, 2009

Victory!

I made it.  Over a total of twenty-three days, at an average words-per-day of 2,181,  I caught up to the National Novel Writing Month schedule, passed it, and came out a winner!

I could say that I'm a little excited.  Ammie's congenial competitiveness was a huge help in getting there, not to mention the few others of you who have been waiting for the next section.  Now I can take a week or two off.

Sorry.  That was rude of me to even joke about that.  Don't worry: I'll continue shooting for at least 1,600 words-per-day until we get to the end of this story.  We're getting close, but I have to find out if I'm as good at sorting out Fat Tony's life as I've been so far at messing it up.  I'm really enjoying the process, and thank you for all your comments.

Also, tell your friends!  The more people who care about Fat Tony, the more chance we'll have of someday seeing the book in print.  Follow the blog and share the wealth!

5 comments:

  1. Goodness, scare us all with that "two week break" comment. TRICK or treat is over, remember? ; )

    But actually, thank you for two Thanksgiving posts (I think? I read two posts that day),and today's. I eat them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Drew! And also, I think it might be even more difficult for YOU to stop writing for two weeks than it would be for us--and that's sayin' somethin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not addicted to writing. I can quit any time I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that you managed to win with 22 more words than I have. Need I remind you that I finished first? Are you asking for more insults, jibes, and otherwise only marginally congenial competition?

    That said, thank goodness I don't have to wait for two weeks to read more. I think even those two day waits are incredibly painful. If you're not careful, reading your blog will become a Jonathan and Ammie addiction even more powerful than icecream and chocolate at bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ammie, I have to tell you that the 22 word margin was entirely accidental. I finished writing section twenty-one and did the word count straight from that. If you take out all the section headers and the title, it drops my count by 49, so there you have it. Whatever it is.

    Also, I had to take a break today because I was just tired. I'll get back on the horse tomorrow and we'll finish up this story! Yay, Fat Tony!

    ReplyDelete