Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cacia's had a baby!

"Neighbors had a little girl," said Mom.

"Congratulations," said The Dog.

"What did they name her?" I asked. "Hang on. We'll guess."

"Good idea," said The Dog. "He's a trumpet player, she's a jazz singer, so it's going to be something musical. Stella."

"That's theatrical," I said. "Street Car Named Desire, right?"

"You've seen Street Car Named Desire?" asked Mom. "I'm not sure how I feel about that."

"I just saw the 'Stella' scene, Mom. I don't even know what it's about."

"So not Stella," said The Dog. "Carmina Burana is musical. They could name her 'Carmina.'"

"If we're using song names," said Mom, "then they could name her Stormy Weather."

"Mom," I said, "that's a cool name."

"They didn't name her Stormy."

"But they should have. Let's call them and suggest it."

"Pete."

"Okay," I said, "not Stormy. Is it even something musical?"

"Not so much," said Mom. "Wait. A Beatles song."

"All I can think of is Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds," I said. "Rita? They want their daughter to be a meter maid?"

"Michelle," said The Dog.

"Very good, Dog," said Mom. "Michelle Catherine is what they named her."

"I still like Stormy," I said.

"Well," said Mom, "we don't all get what we want."

2 comments:

  1. How did you KNOW that about the Beatles song? Pete has seer powers. Or maybe it was a process of deduction and elimination. "Elementary, my dear The Dog!"

    ReplyDelete