Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Magic!

"I swear, it's magic," I said to The Dog.

"Do you feel anything magical coming from it?" he asked.

"Maybe," I said.

"Any tingling in your fingers or toes?"

"No."

"Aching in your jaw?"

"No."

"Any spots at the edge of your vision? Numbness in your joints? Is your hair standing on end?"

"This is getting ridiculous," I said.

"Perhaps," said The Dog, "but do you see any of the usual signs that this stuff is magical?"

"Look at this, Dog! You press on the goop, and it goes hard, but the moment you let go--SHAZAM! It's a liquid again."

"Pete," said The Dog, "corn starch is not magical."

"Well," I said, "we may just have to agree to disagree."

--Pete

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Pete. Why don't you get your own Blogger account instead of always signing in with Andrew's? I can understand Andrew being an administrator, but what will you do if Andrew changes his password without telling you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew is more of a guest on Pete's blog, so, if anything, Drew should get his own blog. Pete's magical, but the whole technical aspect of setting up a blog is not really his thing. Am I right, Pete? And also, cornstarch IS magic. Not David Copperfield magic, or even Harry Dresden magic, not Gandalf magic, or Merlin magic, or Dumbledore magic, but more Betty Crocker magic. The yummiest kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who really uses cornstarch these days? It's only good for packin' in the undies after horseback riding, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, HAVE you packed cornstarch in the undies after horseback riding? WHY?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... It helps with the chaffing ... so I've heard.

    ReplyDelete