Thursday, October 22, 2009

More From Shmisneyland--A Chat With An Employee

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Ninety-seven years," Arthur said.

"But Shmisneyland hasn't been around that long."

"I'm one of the originals," he said. "Three of us died here before they built the place, and they kept us on."

"You enjoy it?" asked The Dog.

"It's not bad. Fly around a bit, moan. I get my turn with the waltz thing on the weekends, and last Tuesday Jerry let me possess the suit of armor. That's always a kick."

"I bet," I said. "You get out much? I mean, outside of the whole Haunted Mansion."

"I used to, but not much point. My friends are all here, we have the Jungle Tour memorized, and honestly, once you've seen fifty years of tourists, they start to look the same." The ghost sighed. "This is where I get off. It was nice talking to you."

"Good to meet you, Arthur." I waved as he flew off, giving us a ghastly moan as a goodbye.

"What a nice guy," said The Dog.

"We'll have to do this ride again," I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment