Sunday, October 4, 2009

Revenge Is a Dish Best Served When I Have a Cold

I picked up a cold today.  I tried to put it down, but evidently it's not that easy.

"I've never had a cold before," I said.

"Hold still," said Jo.  "This aluminum foil isn't going to wrap itself."

"I'm still confused about why this is necessary," I said.

"You remember what happened when you used to wet the bed?" asked The Dog.

"I'd rather not," I said.

"But you do remember," said Jo, "and it wasn't pretty.  Now imagine what could happen if you were to sneeze.  Wizard boogers can be dangerous."

"But why do you need to wrap--hey, careful of the ears--wrap aluminum  foil around my head?  Is this special aluminum foil?  Magically shielded or something?"

"Nope," said Jo.  "Now hold still.  I need to take a picture."

"Why do you need a picture?"

"Morgan asked me to take one.  There.  You look lovely."

"The foil doesn't do anything, does it?" I asked.

"Not a thing," said Jo.

"Morgan's getting me back for the lemons and limes, isn't she."

"Yes she is," said Jo.

I picked up a cold.  I'm never getting one again.

--Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment